We’ve all experienced the stress of last-minute trip adjustments, which resulted in strict cancellation rules and exorbitant cancellation costs that can often exceed the cost of the ticket. When it comes to cancellations and adjustments to your travel reservation, Southwest Airlines is known to be the most accommodating. It’s one of the few policies out there that isn’t based on a boat-around-the-bush approach. Southwest Airlines is an example of a company that prioritises its customers. Here, we go over the finer points of Southwest Airlines’ flight cancellation policy –
- Southwest Airlines does not charge a cancellation fee.
- There is no change fee.
- There’s no need to wait for those annoying calls from Southwest Airlines requesting cancellations. On Southwest.com or through the mobile app, you can cancel your flight quickly and effortlessly.
Southwest Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
The Following Are The Key Points From Southwest Airlines’ Cancellation Policy –
- Wanna Get Away, Anytime, and Business Select are the three types of fares offered by Southwest.
- Wanna Get Away fares are reusable but not refundable upon cancelling a Southwest Airlines flight, whereas Anytime and Business Select fares are fully refundable and reusable.
- Wanna Get Away, Anytime, and Business Select prices can be utilised for a future trip up to one year from the initial date of purchase by the original ticketed passenger alone, according to Southwest Airlines cancellation policy.
- Fares are both reusable and refundable if they were cancelled in compliance with Southwest Airlines’ No-Show policy, which requires that a flight be cancelled at least 10 minutes before to the planned departure time.
- Passengers who seek Southwest Airlines cancellations for Anytime and Business fares have the option of receiving a refund in the original form of payment or Travel Funds for future usage.
- The leftover point balance will be paid back to the account from which the Southwest Airlines flights were booked when they are cancelled. Taxes and fees paid on a Southwest Airlines flight will be refunded.
Cancellation By Southwest Airlines Within 24 Hours
If you cancel your flight booking online or through the app within 24 hours of booking, you can obtain a Southwest Airlines cancel flight refund of any fare back to the original source of payment, or you can choose to generate Travel Funds, according to the airline’s cancellation policy.
How To Cancel Southwest Airlines Flight?
In this piece, we’ll go over how to cancel a Southwest Airlines flight reservation —
Cancel a Southwest Airlines flight from the comfort of your own home.
Here’s how to cancel a Southwest Airlines flight online, step by step –
- Select ‘Look Up Reservation’ from the menu at Souithwest.com on the desktop website or in the Southwest Airlines mobile app.
- Passengers who bought flights through Quick Rewards can cancel or change their reservation by signing in and checking it up in their account, according to Southwest Airlines’ rapid rewards cancellation policy.
- In the necessary field, enter the six-digit confirmation number and the passenger’s name.
- The booking confirmation you entered will show any available travel money or Southwest Airlines trip refund balance.
- You can choose to obtain a refund or convert the airfare into travel cash if you have a Southwest Airlines cancel flight refund value available.
To cancel the flight, click the ‘Cancel flight’ button. If the attached booking confirmation has more than one person, you can also pick a specific passenger for Southwest Airlines cancellation.
According to Southwest Airlines’ refund policy, it may take one to two billing cycles for a refund to appear on your account statement.
Over The Phone, You Can Cancel A Southwest Airlines Flight.
Passengers can cancel their travel and receive a refund from Southwest Airlines by calling –
- To recover the booking, keep your six-digit booking reference and the passenger’s name accessible.
- Request that the reservation be cancelled by the travel expert. Keep an eye on the Travel Funds or refundable portion of your reservation.
- It may take one to two billing cycles for a Southwest Airlines flight refund to appear on your account statement.